Fresh ideas for Building Websites and what to Consider
Building a website is like building a house. There’s a lot to take into account and planning for success is the key.
Ever wonder what to consider when building a website? You should think about the following prior to commencing a discussion with any web developer.
Fresh ideas for Building Websites
Who is your target market?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What are their goals and values, challenges & pain points, objections & role in the purchase process?
- Where do they find their information?
Why would customers want or need your product or service?
- How can you let them know they need you before they need you?
- What are their Headaches, Obstacles, Aspirations and Desires?
- Don’t talk about you .. talk about how you can help them.
What are the products or services you provide?
- What products or services do you offer?
- What are the price points?
- How will they solve the challenges & pain points of your customers?
What type of website would work for your business?
- Do you really need a website or will a sales landing page do the trick?
- What is the objective of your website? eg Lead generation via phone contact or contact forms, eCommerce sales
- What web tactics will you use?
- Will it match your business brand and personality?
- It must be a mobile friendly website – did you know that Google will be ranking your mobile sites higher than desktop sites in the future?
What type of content management system website would work for your business? This fresh ideas for building websites article will help you.
- What CMS ie content management system should it be built on? (CMS is software that runs your website and helps you to keep it up to date with new content)
- Do you have any other systems that it should integrate with to help automate your sales and marketing processes?
- Do you plan on maintaining the website yourself and at what frequency?
What type of website hosting solution should you consider?
- Will the hosting be in Australia?
- Is it fast, reliable and secure?
- Does the hosting provider provide support via phone and email?
- Is there regular website and database backups?
- Is there email account support?
What content do you want on your website?
- You should gather the basic content for your website as this will cut down the time, and therefore the cost required to build the site.
- Basic information includes: branding ie your style guide (includes: logo in various formats, any individual logo elements & typeface) images, videos, pdf’s and any other assets and marketing collateral that you have produced.
- Topics and content should be written for readability and SEO purposes.
- Your contact information, business information and opening hours should be clearly visible on your site.
How do you plan to acquire and retain both new and existing customers?
- What is your sales & marketing strategy inclusive of Call to Actions, Opt-in Gifts, Landing Pages & Email Sequences?
- How do you plan to manage prospect and customer details?
- Are you providing quality information to build credibility?
- Are you making it easy for people to navigate around your site?
- Can people get the information they require to take action ie make contact OR are you making it hard and frustrating for the end user?
And here is the most important consideration and another fresh ideas for building websites
Will your Website be Findable?
- It should be built to attract NEW customers – not just for those who already know you.
- You should hang out online where the people who need your products or services do and then direct them to your website. Why? you own and control your website – you don’t own or control social media platforms, so you are at their mercy!
- You should be find-able on Google, Yahoo and Bing and Social Media either organically or by paid methods.
Will your Website be Shareable?
- The strongest recommendation is third party referral – so it is important to ensure that you are making it easy for people to share your information online.
- Social sharing tools are just one of the many tools available to increase your exposure online.
Can you Measure and Track your Results?
- The key to online success is ACTION and tracking your results.
- This way you will know what is working and what is not and be able to adjust accordingly.
- There are a range of tools and reporting snapshots so you can easily measure the effectiveness of your online actions.
Can you Manage your Website and Customer Details?
- Unless you want to work 24/7 or if you want consistency and continuity in your messages and communications, systems and processes are the key.
- There are a plethora of CMS (content management systems) and CRM (customer relationship management systems) Email Marketing Systems, Sales Landing Pages, Social Media management tools available. The real trick is to decide on which ones will suit your needs, ensure they integrate seamlessly together and then optimise these systems to automate and deliver your end goals.
If this all seems too confusing – then I’m here to help. Want to apply this fresh ideas for building websites? I use and recommend South Australian Company Creative Serum to develop websites for my customers.